Thursday 7 March 2013

February Beauty Favourites

I can't believe it's March already.  2013 is flying by so fast! Better late than never are my February beauty favourites.  It’s tough to pick out favourites since I tend to gravitate towards the same products every month.  I’ve put myself on a hiatus to stop buying new make up because I have a drawer full of unused and untouched items (I think I may have a problem...)



Skin 79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Triple Function
This has been my current go to BB cream to create that natural, no makeup makeup look.  I’ve had this BB cream sitting on my vanity for quite some time now and I rediscovered it again in February. I tend to use this BB cream more often in the winter as my skin is much more fair than in the summer. Even then, there's still a bit of a contrast between my face and neck as the BB cream has a greyish colour to it, but for daily wear it works. I just make sure to blend it into my neck as well.
Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum
My Holy Grail, never fail eye liner. I don’t use any eyeliner but this one for the simple fact that it’s easy to use, applies on evenly and dark, doesn’t smudge and lasts all day. I can always create the perfect cat eye with this liner, thick or thin. What more could you want?
Nars Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer
I just recently found this sample in my drawer and decided to give it a try. This tiny bottle has lasted me quite long, I think about 3 weeks. I only use a small dab for my entire face.  It keeps my makeup looking smooth, long lasting and most importantly, MATTE for the entire day! I can't stress that enough. I usually have a problem mid-day with an oily T-Zone but since I’ve used this primer I haven’t had to blot my face half way through the day. I might just have to invest in a full sized bottle.
The Balm Frat Boy Blush
My absolute go to blush at the moment. I’ve been wearing this every day since I bought it.  It’s the perfect warm pick that would match a lot of skin tones. This is my first The Balm product and I’m quite happy with the quality and pigmentation. I have two other blushes to try out, but I can't seem to put this one down.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
This has become my go-to bronzer. The shade is perfect on my NC35 skin.  It is buildable, goes on smooth, long lasting and smells delicious!  How can you go wrong with makeup that smells like chocolate?  It is the perfect shade to contour with.  I've always had trouble finding that perfect bronzer that isn't orangey or shimmery and this is it!
Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector 
Excuse the lack of a photo, I recently got 2 samples from Sephora to try out since I’ve been hearing rave reviews about this product. So far, I am loving it. The serum absorbs into the skin nice and quickly and gives my skin such a soft feeling. I’m beginning to see some results of a more even skin tone and hyper pigmentation scars are starting to fade a bit. The results of course are not drastic, but I'm hoping with time they will diminish. The smell on the other hand isn’t very appealing. The only thing stopping me from purchasing a full bottle is the price tag. At $102 for a 1 oz. bottle, it’s pretty steep. I’m going to continue using my sample before I take the plunge.

I'd love to find out what your current favourites are!
xo Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your feedback!