Monday 18 March 2013

Review: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster

 

While this may not be a new product on the market, I think it is a well deserved review for such an amazing product!
The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster is described as “a high-potency vitamin C complex that prevents and corrects signs of aging while promoting brightness.” It is an anti-aging treatment formulated to firm, smooth and deliver radiant skin. 
I discovered this product not too long ago when Velle was vacationing in Paris and called me to pick up an extra bottle for her while Sephora was having their 20% off Friends & Family event. At that point I wondered, what was so good about this product? While I was at Sephora I picked up a bottle for her and also snagged a sample for myself to try out. I’m in my mid 20’s and haven’t really dipped my toes into the anti-aging product market yet - even though I really should.
A little goes a long way with this product, the tiny sample I got from Sephora lasted me about one week using it day and night. The serum has an orange citrus scent to it that smells unbelievably fresh but subtle. It quickly absorbs into the skin, as the brand promises. Suggested usage for this serum is to apply it evenly to the face and neck in the morning and evening, after cleansing and toning. The brand suggests following with face and eye crème, but I find even with my combination skin there is enough hydration and moisture from the serum alone. I still apply a moisturizer day and night after I apply the serum for extra hydration.
In my one week of use, I didn’t experience any spectacular results but that’s given. A product like this I believe takes time to see results and of course depends on the condition of your skin. A product can only be effective with consistent wear and usage.  What I did notice was that my skin was significantly more smooth and brighter within a week. I can't justify whether or not it diminishes fine lines as I don't have any problem areas at the moment and hopefully not for many years *fingers crossed*

Sure enough, Velle gifted me a bottle for Christmas and it is now part of my daily skincare routine.  I'm onto my third month now and I've used up just a little over a quarter.  I think I'm cherishing the bottle too much that I only use it at night now.

At $60 for a 1 oz bottle, the price is a bit steep but as my mom would say, "you can't put a price tag on keeping your skin looking young and beautiful.  It's your skin, you always want to look and feel your best!"  

What are your thoughts on the Truth Serum? Are there other serums out there worth trying over this one?

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping if you would like to follow each other on Google Friend Connect and other social sites.- Chic Out of Town Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out our blog. We'll be sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, love your blog. just discovered it today and its already one of my favs. keep up the good work :)

    http://labellebohemienne.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, Jennifer! Follow us for more updates on fashion, beauty and so much more! :)

      Delete

We appreciate your feedback!