Wednesday 13 March 2013

Spring Forward

I've been in a bit of a fashion funk the last couple of months, not really feeling excited or inspired by many of the things I was seeing in stores. However, that all changed this past weekend as my senses seemed to come out of hibernation by the not too subtle hues and prints of this year's spring collection.

I generally gravitate towards colour in my wardrobe because it gives me an instant pick-me-up. If you're like me at all, then this season's colour pallette of vibrant emerald green, yellow, purple, orange and blue is sure not to disappoint.

Floral patterns are also in full bloom, on dresses, pants, shorts, shirts - you name it. Rocking it in any part of your look, you definitely won't come off as a wilting wallflower!

Here are some of the items, I couldn't resist to put the 'spring' back into my step :)



This pink coral striped dress not only provides the right punch of colour, but also fits in with this season's stripe craze that Vicky was raving about here. I still can't decide between this one and the green one. Should I keep the coral, get it in green or add both to my closet?!?!



These shorts already have me anticipating days when I can frolick by the water's edge, meander around town on a lazy Sunday or when paired with great heels and a fitted blazer, out to dinner on a summer's night.

Forever 21 Horizontal Striped Dress (similar) I  Forever 21 Essential Water Colours Shorts (similar)

Are you also looking forward to what spring fashion has to offer? What are some of the trends you'll be incorporating into your look this season?

Thank you for reading!

*Bisou* Velle



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! They actually remind me of ones I've seen at Zara in previous years. Just waiting now for the weather to actually feel more like spring so I can wear them soon.

      Delete
  2. the dress is stunning :D

    how can I follow ur blog? we shud follow each other!

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2013/04/studds-for-mundos.html#more

    And please do the following:
    Like On Facebook , for photos and sharing opinion. Share the photos you like.
    https://www.facebook.com/StyleOnMel

    Subscribe on youtube for DIY and fashion videos. I’ts gonna be a lot of fun :D
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MelYaraMel?feature=mhee

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your feedback!